About this Blog – Exploring Asturias
Sunrise at Cabo Peñas, Asturias
We’ve been working on this blog since 2008 now. Whilst reviewing photos and records for the posts we are reminded just how much we’ve traveled walked, photographed and enjoyed watching wildlife in Asturias, Northern Spain. Sometimes you lose track of events and take for granted these experiences. We can now appreciate the benefits of keeping a journal, to record and relive these moments and hopefully share them with other like-minded people.
For John – Nature photography has been a passion of mine for a few years and although I’d love to produce works of art or technically flawless photos, I’m equally happy to document the moment to the best of my ability.
For Belinda – My passion is to get out there and appreciate the landscape and wildlife in our local environment as well as seeking to discover new places.
We hope you enjoy reading.
John & Belinda Shackleton
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) Landscape Photography
- Birds and Mammals
This years projects:
- Mountain landscape timelapse
- Ecology of Rivers Sella and Piloña
- Animal tracks
- Experimenting with the Bushnell Trophy Cam
John – I love gear as much as the next person but I’ve ceased looking at magazine and website product reviews and strangely its stopped my lusting after the latest toys. I very happy with the equipment below. In terms of software I use Adobe Lightroom 4, Photoshop Elements, Topaz Adjust and Photomatix
- Nikon D7000
- Nikon P7100
- Bushnell Trophy Cam HD – 119466
- Bushnell Trophy Cam HD – 119437
- Nikon 50mm f/1.8
- Nikon 70-300 mm f4.5-5.6 VR
- Tokina 12-24mm f/4 AT-X 124 AF Pro DX Lens
- Giotto’s Vitruvian VGR9255 + MH5310-630 Tripod
- Giottos VH6011-658D Mini Video Head
- Manfrotto 680B Monopd with 234RC Q/R Tilt
- Lowe Pro Primus AW Backpack
- Lowe Pro Off Trail 2 Waistpack
- Camoflauge Chair Hide (brilliant but can be a nightmare to pack away!)
All Rights Reserved – © John Shackleton – Wild Asturias
hi John – great to find your blog. Must admit your photos are in a class several levels above mine. My blog has moved to the wordpress address but is still going strong.
Hi there. We have been in Asturias and film 3 videos about Asturias. You can see in here:
Se our project in: http://odyssey365.co